If you guys couldn’t tell by my “post-workout” smoothie,” momma loves herself a paloma! I’m also obsessed with shrimp ever since I got food poisoning from eating too much salmon (oops!) I asked my woman, Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest to throw together a recipe for myself and my readers so we could all cook something up together. Keep scrolling to get her take on my two favorites!
Hey everyone! It’s Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest. I’m so excited to be here on Molly’s site with you all today. I’ve brought two of my favorite quick, easy, and healthy (well the drink is debatable) recipes. When Molly reached out asking if I could contribute a recipe or two, I knew exactly what I wanted to share…a simple dinner, plus an easy cocktail.
Most of us are having a little down time at home right now (to put it nicely), so it’s is the perfect time to be in the kitchen cooking healthy, delicious meals for the family. Around here, we love our family taco night, and my Shrimp Tinga Tacos are always a favorite.
Making these tacos is so simple. Start out with some frozen shrimp tossed with plenty of chipotle in adobo and dry spices. A true tinga taco is all about the chipotle flavor, not much else is needed. Simply pan sear the shrimp, then add in a little store-bought red enchilada sauce.
I like to serve my tacos up with mashed avocado, shredded lettuce, plenty of fresh cilantro, extra lime, and a touch of crumbled feta cheese. If you wanted to up your taco game a bit, I’d recommend adding a fruity mango or pineapple salsa. Yes, that would be delicious!
If you or your kids aren’t a fan of anything spicy, try reducing the chipotle pepper.
And that’s it, doesn’t get any easier…and these tacos are such a hit!
BUT, no taco is complete without a fun cocktail in hand. My cocktail of choice? A Strawberry Paloma kicked up a bit with spicy jalapeños and a chili lined rim. It’s the perfect, easy, spring cocktail to sip on. Especially during Quarantine Days (almost sounds fun, right!). Tip? A double shot of tequila is not a bad idea…
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup red enchilada sauce
8-10 corn tortillas, toasted
1-2 avocados, mashed
Juice from 1 lime
Shredded lettuce, cilantro, and crumbled feta cheese – for serving
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped, use to your taste (or 2-3 tsp chipotle chili powder)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. In a bowl, toss together 2 tablespoons olive oil, the shrimp, chipotle peppers, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low, add the enchilada sauce and continue to cook until the sauce thickens around the shrimp. Remove from the heat.
3. Mash the avocado and lime juice together. Season with salt. To serve, spread mashed avocado and shredded lettuce over the tortillas and add the shrimp on top. Top with cilantro and feta cheese, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 ounces silver tequila
Juice of ½ grapefruit
4 fresh strawberries, muddled
1 to 2 slices jalapeño pepper, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
Sparkling water, for topping
1 grapefruit wedge, for serving
1. On a small plate, stir together the chili powder, salt, and sugar. Rub the rim of a highball glass with the grapefruit wedge and dip the rim in the mixture to coat.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, grapefruit juice, strawberries, jalapeños, honey, and ice. Shake well to combine. Strain into the prepared glass and top with sparkling water.
3. Serve with the grapefruit wedge and a slice of jalapeño.
Note: The longer you shake your drink, the spicier it will become.
How delicious does this look!? Do you want more recipes from Tieghan? Let me know what other recipes you would like for us to share.
If you make these amazing Shrimp Tinga Tacos or The Spicy Strawberry Paloma— tag Tieghan & I! xx
You can follow Tieghan at @HalfBakedHarvest