Halloween is over and the holiday season is well upon us. This year, in preparation for Thanksgiving, Brooksie and I have been waking up every morning and writing down one thing we are thankful for. And where do we document our gratitude? The Thankful Turkey, of course!
The Thankful Turkey is easy to make and you can customize it all your own. All you need is some cardboard, paint, letters, googly eyes, and a cup to make it stand. Every morning or night, cut out a construction paper feather with your little one to practice gratitude. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, your little turkey will be full of feathers!
The only rule is you must be thankful for something different each day. Make your own Thankful Turkey and tag me on Instagram or Facebook when it’s completed on Thanksgiving Day!
Here’s the complete step-by-step instructions:
- Construction paper (fall colors)
- Stapler (or tape)
- Acrylic paint
- Letter stickers
- Googly eyes
- Paper cup
- Make 2 circles on cardboard. One for the head and one for the body. For the cardboard body, leave an inch cutout for the leg, which you will stuff into the cup. Staple (or tape) head to body.
- Make a hole in top of cup.
- Paint turkey and cup.
- Once dried, apply “Thankful Turkey” letters and googly eyes.
- For “Feathers Of Gratitude” cut out shape and staple on cardboard when completed.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.