Happy first day of February! I am OB-sessed with this month because I love Valentine’s Day—especially all the sweets that come with it. Since Brooksie and I are always in the holiday spirit, we decided to celebrate by making a sweet morning treat before he went off to school.
WARNING: You will not be able to stop eating these. They taste like cake batter and you should make at your own risk. They are THAT good!
- 1 cup all purpose flour (I use either almond or coconut flour to keep them gluten-free!)
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee, melted
- 5-6 medium sized strawberries, sliced
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Slice strawberries in halves and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, egg, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix milk mixture with the flour mixture and mix well. Add in melted butter and stir until combined.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat and spray with olive oil or butter. Once hot, scoop ½ cup of batter into the pan. Immediately lay 3-4 strawberry slices on each pancake, gently pressing each one in.
- Sprinkle in sprinkles and let cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown, flip to other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool and top with powdered sugar or whipped cream, if desired. Or extra sprinkles if you’re like Brooksie!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.