There’s nothing more fun than having little Brooksie be my sous chef for the day and I love, love, love baking treats for the holidays. Ladies, I know spring is coming which means swimsuit season is right around the corner, so I decided to make a DE-lish healthy alternative. We made the cutest little Shamrock cupcakes, a Loaded Grasshopper Cookie Cake, and for all my mommas out there, a skinny girl shamrock shake! These are great for St. Patrick’s Day or even a fun themed birthday party! Plus the shake is to die for, so I’ll treat myself to it anytime! Happy St. Patty’s Day.
- Cupcake tins and liners
- Aluminum foil
- White frosting
- Green food coloring
- Green licorice (we used Twizzlers Rainbow Twists sold in a pack with other colors)
- Piece of green licorice for a stem.
- Place paper liners in 32 standard muffin cups, then fill each halfway with the batter.
- Roll three balls of foil and insert them evenly around the perimeter between the liner and the tin, as shown.
- Bake the cupcakes for a few minutes less than the package suggests (because there's less batter per cup than usual),
- Cover each with green frosting (our ratio was 1 teaspoon of green food coloring to one 16-ounce can of green frosting).
Loaded Grass Hopper Cake
- 1 16 oz. sugar cookie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 t. peppermint extract
- 2 c. rough chopped mint Oreo’s
- Vanilla and chocolate chips
- 1½ c. green and white M&M’s
- a refrigerated roll of sugar cookie dough, or homemade sugar cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease.
- Prepare sugar cookie mix according to package directions with the addition of peppermint extract.
- Stir Oreo’s, vanilla and chocolate chips and 1 cup M&M’s into the sugar cookie dough.
- Spread in the prepared pan.
- Top with reserved M&M’s. Press lightly into cookie dough.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes
Skinny Girl Shamrock Shake
- 3/4 cup fat free or soy milk
- 3/4 cup Organic 0% fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/3 cup sliced avocado
- a few drops truvia or 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Pour the milk, frozen yogurt, avocado, sugar, mint extract and ice into your blender.
- Blend 3-4 minutes until the mixture is thick and icy.
- Pour into two glasses, and serve with a straw. Serve immediately.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.