It’s my birthday!! I know, I know. How did I get SOOOO lucky to be able to celebrate over this holiday weekend?! If you can’t tell, my Brooksie LOVES being involved in every bit of what goes on over at MollySims.com. This little one decided to take his abilities to the NEXT level and make me a birthday gift!
I’d much rather receive a gift from the heart than anything else in this entire world…especially from my little ones! Brooks spent so much time making me this mosaic stone for my garden. He even painted it himself too!
You can get a simple kit online or you can completely DIY. Even if it’s not for a gift, this mosaic stone is absolutely perfect for a summertime activity.
- Parchment paper
- Mixing spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Trash bags (ALWAYS with a toddler)
- Non-toxic paint
- Mosaic tiles
- Add ½ cup salt, ½ cup flour, and ¼ water.
- Knead until dough forms.
- Once the dough is on parchment paper, make an impression with either a handprint or footprint. Brooks chose to use his hand for momma’s gift!
- Now the fun part starts! Let your little ones decorate the stone with beads, paint, or literally whatever you have lying around the house.
- Bake in oven at 200 for 3 hours. And voila! You have yourself a garden mosaic stone that you can treasure forever!
Brooksie had soooo much fun … Thanks for the gift, my precious angel from heaven!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.