The road to becoming a mommy for the first time is one of the most exciting experiences I’ve ever had—and one of the most overwhelming! Any new mama will tell you that one of the hardest things is figuring out what you need to buy before you welcome your new addition into your life. It’s all too easy to spend hours upon hours upon hours researching the best stroller or the perfect crib or all the other baby items you never even knew existed! That’s where my girl Margot from Ready Me Baby comes in! Let me tell you; this woman is a first-time mother’s dream! Margot helps expectant mommies like me to get set up with everything they’ll need for the little bundle of joy. Her information has been simply invaluable, so I wanted to pass it along to all of you. Check out Margot’s Top 5 must-haves for new mamas:
1. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets - These soft, breathable swaddle blankets help baby feel like they are back in the womb so they can sleep—and therefore, so can mom! They have many different uses and come in absolutely adorable patterns.
2. Motherlove Nipple Cream – All breastfeeding mothers need the perfect cream to help during those early weeks. Motherlove is one of those secret wonders that so many (including myself) do not discover until AFTER the major pain has passed! I make sure all my clients that plan to breastfeed have this in their home from the very beginning.
3. Infant Tub – there are many varieties of infant tubs which can confuse any soon-to-be parents. The tub you chose will greatly depend on your lifestyle. For Molly, we chose the Boon NAKED tub. It is sleek and modern and collapses to a nearly flat fold for easy storage.
4. Ergo Baby Carrier – The Ergo carrier is a comfortable and convenient way to wear your baby. There is nothing more fulfilling than wearing your baby, heart to heart.
5. Angel Dear Lovies– Getting a child attached to a “lovie” can help with sleep and separation anxiety. These adorable, soft blankets make the perfect “lovies” for your baby!
Do you have any new mommy must-haves of your own? Let me know in the comments!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.