Happy Friday Everyone!! We here in Los Angeles experienced a bit of a heat wave this week, which made it feel like we were already deep in the throes of summer. Serious Popsicle weather!! The sweltering temps had us outside enjoying ourselves almost every afternoon and evening. We swam, barbecued, and even had a super fun picnic that I’m going to tell you ALL about on Monday.
To wrap up this "Getting Ready for Summer" themed week, I turn to the great outdoors AKA our backyards with a roundup of my favorite pieces for outdoor entertaining and fun décor items that will make your alfresco spaces sizzle.
- Let these clink-friendly glasses from Crate & Barrell be the heroes of your outdoor gatherings. (Pictured above) Brooksie just learned to “cheers” so these glasses are perfect for our backyard picnic parties.
- Eco friendly and compostable - These super chic green striped straws come individually wrapped so you can take them on the go.
- Define your space with this lovely outdoor rug from Horchow.
- This Clear Acrylic Hobnail collection from Martha Stewart is a perfect vintage ode that appeals to my southern hospitality roots. This set makes me thirsty for sweet tea.
- These Sea life themed melamine plates from Thomas Paul are everything! They come in two sizes (11” dinner & 9” side) and there are even coasters to match.
- I’ve shared my love of gifting serving trays and this pretty price friendly offering from Target would definitely make the cut.
- Tuffo Surf blanket - Great for the beach, park or your own backyard. Large, water resistant and durable these blankets are perfect for most terrains. It was even featured in Real Simple as “the best overall blanket.”
- Picnic basket - New or vintage, check Etsy for the picnic basket of your dreams.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Please check back in on Monday for a week filled with fun projects and cool things you can do with your kids once school’s out!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.