Color is the new black, midis are the new minis and, yep, kale is the new spinach.
Indeed, today’s trend is of the veggie variety! Kale (not to be confused with the Dannijo ‘Kale’ necklace I showed you on Monday) is a bona fide super food. It’s one of the healthiest leafy greens around, just bursting with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and cancer-fighting phytonutrients. Swap it out for your spinach for some extra nutritional punch.
Here are five delicious kale recipes from around the Web to get you started:
- "Shape’s" Best Juice To Boost Energy
- Smitten Kitchen’s Baked Kale Chips
- Alice Waters’s Whole Wheat Spaghetti With Kale
- "Bon Appetit’s" Kale and White Bean Stew
- FitSugar’s Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
What’s your favorite super food?
SWAP IT: Zucchini “Pasta”
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.