I’ve always been a fan of stripes and they have been my closet staple for as long as I can remember. Now that it’s become this summer’s must-have trend (about time!) celebs and fashion bloggers alike are being spotted in stripes. Oh, and Brooksie and I decided to take the trend to the next level and be twins! He’s a fan, too.
Not only can this tried and true basic be dressed up or down, it can also be mixed and matched! Whether you pair them with grungy, ripped jeans or tucked into a breezy skirt, it always looks polished. You seriously can’t go wrong.
Summer Stripe Must-Haves:
- I always love a good breezy sweater especially in the summertime. I’m OBSESSED with this bright stripe from Loma. This pattern doesn’t always have to be a neutral … have fun with it!
- This sweater from Uniqlo is similar and budget-friendly.
- If neutrals are more your thing, I’m loving these nautical and rugby inspired sweaters from NYDJ and Minnie Rose. Sooo soft and comfortable! See similar here.
Skirts And Shorts:
- “Ugh, I have nothing to wear!” How often do we say this as women!? That’s why it’s important to have closet staples. With stripes and a plain white tee being a few of the necessary items, mix the two together and you have an easy and timeless outfit. Try this relaxed, beach-y option from Kohls or for a slightly more dressed up version, this skirt from Lovers and Friends!
- If skirts aren’t your thing, I love these shorts from Ann Taylor LOFT. All you have to add is a basic tee and voila! You’re ready to go.
Stay tuned for more of my summer trend must-haves…
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.