This month, with Thrive Market, I’m showing you how to make one of my favorite treats: a Supermodel Smoothie Bowl.
When it comes to my diet, I like to include tons of fresh fruits and veggies. I believe whole-heartedly in the mantra “nothing tastes as good as healthy feels” and with healthy, fresh foods it’s not that hard to do! Kicking overly processed foods to the curb gives me that boost of energy that I need especially as a working momma.
Like I said—even though I love to be healthy, I also love for my foods to be delicious! That especially helps when I’m feeding it to my little ones. I’ve always been OB-SESSED with smoothies but most and non-organic store-bought options are outrageously high in calories and added sweeteners. That’s why I love making my own smoothies…and more specifically—smoothie bowls. A delicious, green-based smoothie is also a great way to trick yourself (well, and let’s be honest—your kids!) into eating more veggies.
Here’s a step-by-step recipe on how to make your own:
SUPERMODEL SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Half of a ripe avocado
- 2 medium-ripe bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach and kale
- 2 cups unsweetened hemp milk or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- Blend all the ingredients in blender or Vitamix until smooth. This should make 2 bowls
- Top with whatever yummy ingredients you desire. I love using berries, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
TIP: I like to purchase all my toppings from Thrive Market ahead of time so they are always stocked. Not only is this an easy and yummy recipe; but it’s seriously Instagram ready too! Make sure to use my code http://thrv.me/ThrivewithMolly for 30 free days + 15% off your order.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.