I’ve been very open about the fact that I love a good glass of wine—rosé to be specific. Even when I’m dieting, I’ll always treat myself to a glass. Those are the key words: a glass—not three. It’s all about moderation, not overindulgence.
As far as holidays go, St. Patrick’s Day is one of the booz-iest. Since most people will be celebrating the holiday with a couple drinks tonight, it’s important to party smart. In other words, if you do enjoy a cocktail, there are low-calorie options that won’t completely derail you.
If you’re about to stock up for tonight, here’s a low-calorie and festive cocktail recipe to get you started:
(For 6 Servings)
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
- ½ of a fresh green apple (cored & sliced)
- ½ lime (sliced)
- ¼ English cucumber (sliced)
- 10 mint leaves
- ½ kiwi fruit (peeled and sliced)
- 1 bottle of club soda
- Combine all ingredients except club soda in a pitcher and refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.
- For individual servings, spoon some of the fruit into a wine glass before pouring and then top off with a splash of club soda, diet lemon-lime soda or diet ginger ale to taste.
For more low-calorie recipes for tonight, check out these links:
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.