I love a good skinny soup. I found this recipe awhile ago and it's been a lifesaver during my pregnancy..especially when I didn't feel like eating ANYTHING! It's delicious and satisfying but without being too heavy.
Click the video below to get the full recipe:
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 cups cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Peel the squash and remove the seeds. Cut into medium size cubes.
2. In a large heavy pot, combine squash, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sage and broth and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes, until squash is tender.
4. Discard the sage and using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Add milk and adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve.
For more healthy tips + tricks, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel here!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.