I’ve got news for you, ladies: A few extra pounds is no excuse for dressing frumpy! Whether you had a bit too much fruitcake this holiday season or you’re still trying to shed those last few pounds of baby weight, you can still look stylish while you get back into shape. Give these forgiving silhouettes and slimming colors a try, and no one has to know what’s going on underneath.
1. Make a sleek statement in a kimono dress. The plunging neckline on Issa’s Long Kimono Dress will play up your assets while leaving the areas you’re feeling self-conscious about to the imagination.
2. Tuck it in with some stylish shapewear. Spanx Tight End Shaping Tights come in all sorts of hot hues, giving you a stylish way to tuck in your tummy, thighs, and butt.
3. Step up your sweatshirt. Who said sweatshirts have to be frumpy? This luxe sweatshirt by Etoile Isabel Marant is the definition of casual cool.
4. When in doubt, wear black. Black is a universally slimming color, which is why every new mommy needs a pair of black, (stretch!) skinny jeans like these mid-rise J Brands.
5. Try a trench. Big, boxy coats can make you feel like a house when you have a few extra pounds on you. This classic J. Crew trench coat’s belted silhouette will cinch in your waist and define your figure.
How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?
Let me know!
P.S. Here are a few more tips on dressing 5 lbs. thinner!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.