Last week, I shared some AH-mazing recipes from the wonderful, Nina Curtis. During her cooking class, she taught us a recipe for a great glowing green juice (which I have been making every morning since) as well as steps to making the perfect salad dressing.
Today, it’s all about the main courses. These recipes are perfect for any meatless meal for the entire family. I’m serious—this quiche is so good you’ll want to make it almost every single week. It’s now my go-to cheat meal when I’m craving something a little more hearty.
Garden Spinach Quiche:
- 1 9" pie shell, ideally organic, gluten-free
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- 10 oz spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup parmigiano
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Fill the pie shell with all the ingredients
- Pop in the oven at 375 F for 30-45 minutes. And, voila!
Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant:
Stuffing eggplants or any vegetable with quinoa is a delicious and easy option. It’s a great “go-to” dish to have prepared for later in the week.
- 2 eggplants
- 6 baby ‘bella’, portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup cook quinoa (red or white)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplants in half, lengthwise, and wrap each in aluminum foil, leaving the top open with the cut-side facing up. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and place them in the oven for 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté the chopped veggies in 2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat with salt and pepper. Add garlic last because it needs a little grease in the pan and grab onto something else because it burns easy.
- Add veggie mixture with cooked quinoa and stir until combined.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven. Let cool slightly before scooping out the insides or pushing the inside flesh to the sides to leave room for the stuffing. Place the stuffing into the eggplants halves. Top with a few sliced tomatoes and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Place back into the 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes.
NINA’S TIP: For maximum health benefits, replace olive oil with Mesina. It has a higher heat point and is basically olive oil pressed four times. You get more of the benefit!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.