I’m always on the hunt for healthy recipes and I’ve found something AMAZING for summertime! As you know … I love, love, love smoothies especially those jam-packed with yummy superfoods.
Okay, I’ll admit it ... this isn’t MY idea but it was inspired by a personal chef here in Los Angeles who’s Instagram account is out of control with healthy (and pretty) food inspiration.
Natalie Pukasemvarangkoon specializes in “Functional Foods.” This term means that everything you eat serves a purpose beyond the nutrients available in the foods. Whether it be cleansing the liver or boosting energy, she incorporates Chinese herbs, tonics, and super foods to optimize the functionality of whatever you are eating. Natalie is also the co-founder and Executive Chef at Paleo House, the first private event and pop up dinner service that serves 100% organic Paleo food with Vegan options. For inquiries, contact Natalie at nataliepv AT gmail DOT com.
This is just one way to make these AMAZEbowls (as I like to call them.) Any smoothie recipe will do!
- 1 pineapple
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- Toppings (goji berry, cacao nibs, kiwi, shredded coconut, etc)
- Step 1: Carve your pineapple in half then carve out the inside (save the leftovers and freeze for your next bowl!)
- Step 2: Putting your non-frozen ingredients first, blend all ingredients together
- Step 3: Pour into bowl. Top it off with goji berries, kiwi, shredded coconut, cacao nibs…just to name a few! Play around with your toppings!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.