In Rebecca’s meal plans, she’ll always include snacks. Eating regularly and spreading out your meals consistently keeps your metabolism in high gear and you burn calories more efficiently throughout the day. The key is to get in a combo of high-fiber carbs, a healthy dose of lean protein, and some natural sugar for lasting energy.
REBECCA’S TIP OF THE DAY: Give it 100% effort. I tell so many of my clients this; if you want to see 100% results then you need to do ALL the work. Following a healthy diet plan 75% of the time will give you only that amount of results. It is like studying for an exam and not giving it your all, you can’t expect A+ results for C- minus effort.
BREAKFAST: Lemon water, Berry Kale smoothie with coconut and hemp hearts
SNACK: Apple and almond butter
LUNCH: Vegetable Soup with Chicken and Spinach Meatball (see recipe)
SNACK: Fiber rich crackers (like GG Crisps) with peanut butter, banana, and hemp hearts
DINNER: Shrimp Scampi with tomatoes and baby spinach and steamed baby bok Choy
DESSERT: Decaf herbal tea
Veggie Soup with Mini Chicken and Spinach Meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped (reserve two to add later)
- 6 celery stalks, chopped (reserve two to add later)
- 12 mushrooms, chopped (reserve 4 to add later)
- 2 yellow squash or zucchini, chopped (reserve one to add later)
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Thyme and fresh parsley
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1/2 pound kale, torn into small pieces
- Add the onion and garlic in a large pot with some olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté just until fragrant and then add all of your vegetables and the tomato paste, bay leaf and herbs (just not the kale yet).
- Cook over medium high heat stirring every few minutes until the vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Next add your chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling lower heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Ladle 3/4 of your soup and veggies into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the blended soup back to the pot of soup. Add the reserved vegetables and bring soup back up to a simmer and add the kale.
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup panko or any bread crumb or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- Mix all the ingredients together. Using a teaspoon, scoop little spoonfuls of the mixture and gently drop into simmering soup. Do not stir the soup yet.
- Cook meatballs in the soup for 10 minutes then gently stir the soup once.
- Continue to simmer for another 30-45 minutes.
For more nutrition tips and meal plans, check out Rebecca’s blog. Also—make sure to check back tomorrow morning for this weekend’s meal plan.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.