Let me start by saying that flowers and champagne are great new momma gifts. But, if you are looking for something more unique--here are some of my picks that are both enjoyable and essential:
1. Personalized Jewelry
I love the idea of something personalized. For a "push present" with Grey, Scott gifted me with a BEAUTIFUL Jen Meyer personalized nameplate necklace. I cried! It was such a sweet gesture that I'll treasure forever. With Scarlett, he chose a LOVE diamond cuff from Jennifer Fisher. I'm not going to lie...he's pretty good at gifts!
1. Jennifer Meyer Personalized Name Plate Necklace // 2. Maya Brenner Gold Heart Necklace // 3. Jennifer Fisher Burnish White Diamond Cuff // 4. Sarah Chloe Duo Name Cuff Bracelet With Diamond // 4. Nora Kogan Mama Ring // 5. Jennifer Meyer Mommy Necklace // 6. Coordinates Collection Meridian Ring // 7. Naomi Gray Triangle Pave Triangle
2. A Pair Of Comfy Pajamas + Slippers
I'm recovering from a c-section which means I haven't left the house other than a doctor's visit. When I'm at home, you better believe my wardrobe solely consists of robes, pajamas, and slippers. As far as "momma must haves" go--this is definitely on the top of the list. A cute pair of pajamas can go a long way especially when you are feeling like absolute sh*t!
1. Only Hearts Venice Lace Hem Gown // 2. Chelsea28 Burnout Velvet Robe // 3. Three J NYC Poppy Polka Dot Poplin Pajama Set // 4. Eberjey Sleep Chic Star Pajama Set // 5. Roberta Roller Rabbit Kimono Short Robe // 6. UGG Scuffete II Snake Embossed Slipper
3. A Polaroid Camera
I'm already a photo crazy mom but add a new member of the family into the mix? I become insane. I love having polaroids because it's just something a little different. They are also easy to use, instant, and the kids have fun playing with it, too!
4. A Nursing Bra
On the same note of comfort, a momma can never have too many nursing bras if she's breastfeeding. With every pregnancy, I'll think I'm covered but I end up always needing a few more. Buy an extra for a new momma and she'll definitely thank you. So, what constitutes a great nursing bra? Two words: easy access.
1. Rosie Pope Underwire Lace Nursing Bra // 2. Ingrid & Isabel Seamless Drop Cup Back Clasp Nursing Bra // 3. Heidi Klum Mia Maternity Nursing Bra // 4. Cosabella Never Say Never Mommie Nursing Soft Bra // 5. H&M Soft Nursing Bras // 6. Elle McPherson Body Wink Maternity Bra
5. A Netflix Subscription (Or Hulu Or Amazon Prime)
AN ACTUAL LIFESAVER. I'm not gonna lie--I have trouble sitting around the house all day. I always have. But as a new mom recovering from a c-section, it's a must. Subscription services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are perfect for new mommas. It definitely keeps you entertained! My show suggestion? The Night Manager. You can get the first season on Amazon Prime!
6. A Luxe Bath Product
Love, love, love a good bubble bath. Since I couldn't relax in a warm tub during pregnancy, I'm looking forward to having that option again.
1. Pursoma Apres Savasana Soak // 2. Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish // 3. Osmia Organics Organic Tea Bath // 4. Shiva Rose Sea Siren Body Scrub // 5. Tatcha Black Sugar Body Gommage // 6. The Organic Pharmacy Cleopatra Milk Bath
7. A Housekeeper For The Day
8. A One Potato Gift Card
I was gifted this. And I'm obsessed. One Potato was founded by Katherine McCord of Weelicious. It's basically a food delivery service that specializes in healthy, fresh meals for the entire family. All ingredients are pre-chopped and pre-measured. The only thing I'm responsible for is throwing it in the pot or oven. Unfortunately, delivery is only available right now in California, Arizona, and Utah--but new states will be added soon! You can purchase a gift card for a week or more on their site here.
9. An iPhone Battery Case
My dear friend, Chriselle Lim gave me this genius idea on her YouTube channel. This chargeable case makes a bit life easier when everything else is chaotic. I have the version Apple makes here and it works really well!
10. A Catch-All
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.