Baby Talk: My Top 5 Can’t-Live-Without Baby Products
As a first-time mom I definitely spent a lot of time prepping for baby Brooks’ arrival, making sure I had everything I needed before he joined the world. Thanks to a lot of research and some help from my fellow moms, I found that I was pretty well prepared! Now that he’s here, I’m continually surprised by what’s working (and sometimes not working) for us. Things I thought I’d never use just a few months ago, I now can’t imagine living without! I’ve also been trying out some post-baby products for myself. Here are a few of the goodies that I think every new mama needs—seriously, these are real lifesavers for mom and baby!
1. I can’t enough of these bibs from Green Sprouts. Brooks gets a little messy when he eats, but thankfully it’s still adorable (When he’s 5, maybe not so much…)! They not only come in packs of three, but are waterproof and make cleaning a breeze (no washing, drying or stain sticks needed!). They’re also pretty stylish if I do say so myself.
2. Bio-Oil is a must-have for any mama dealing with the dreaded post-baby stretch marks. I’m hooked! Bio-Oil is made from a combination of plant extracts and vitamins and unlike some other products I’ve tried, it’s light and not the least bit greasy!
3. Brooks literally lives on his Skip Hop Playspot mat. I love it because you can change the size by adding or removing tiles and put it just about anywhere in the house. It’s also something I know we’ll use in years to come. Right now it’s a great soft surface for him to lounge on, but as he gets older he can play with it—kind of like a giant puzzle!
4. It’s impossible for me to choose just one of Earth Mama Angel Baby’s products, they’re all so wonderful! Each of their lotions, shampoos and balms are organic, gentle, and smell fantastic to boot!
5. Ok, I’ll admit I was really intimidated by the baby bath, but I’ve really come to love my Naked 2-Position Collapsible Baby Bath from Boon. I love giving Brooks baths and he’s starting to enjoy them as well, thank goodness!
My next must-have? …
A bit of an indulgence, I know, but for my diaper bag I’d really like to have a Louis Vuitton’s Sac bag monogrammed with Brooks’ initials. I think it’s a good compromise between function and fashion!
What are some of your can’t-live-without baby products? Have you used any from my Top 5?