During those months I have an adventurous culinary palette and am eager to try the newest vegan market or ethnic offering on the market (Gracias Madre, anyone?). But when I head to the Hamptons for the summer I am a one-track mind, focused on finding which establishment (be it beach stand, restaurant or food truck) offers the best lobster roll.
After countless summers and diligent searching, I’ve come up with my top three favorite lobster roll destinations. And if you’re not in town, you can still partake in the fun. I’ve included my favorite lobster roll recipe you can make at home!
This place is right by my house and seriously to die for. If you want to pick up the best lobster rolls, bring them home and pretend like you made them yourself—this is the place to go! Not that I’ve ever done that before …
This is a classic Hampton establishment and one of the first places I ever went for a lobster roll. The famous stand sources their seafood from local fishermen. It’s so fresh - you can see the cooks hauling the catch of the day in from the sea. Talk about authentic!
The saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” couldn’t be truer in this instance. Besides their ridiculous good lobster rolls, I always know I can count of this place for a good cold drink and awesome laid-back atmosphere. And when I’m not physically in the Hamptons, I always rely on this easy DIY recipe to make me feel like I am! Test it out and tell me how you like it!!
- 4 (1 1/2 lb cooked lobsters) or 4 lobster tails or 1 1/2 lbs of lobster meat
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 inner celery stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rolls, split and lightly toasted
- melted butter for brushing
- Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook’s Note: Place lobster salad in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. This allows the salad to absorb the flavorings.
- Brush cut the sides of the rolls with melted butter and fill with the lobster salad.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.