I'm sure you've heard a lot about gluten, and the benefits to living a gluten free life. I’ve been trying to eat healthier and gluten free for several years. Before I got into it, I had a ton of questions. What exactly does it mean to be gluten free? What is celiac disease? What can I eat if I go gluten free? I figured that if I had all these questions, then I'm sure you do too. So I'm teaming up with Udi's Gluten Free Foods and Women's Health because I want to share everything that I've learned with you.
Udi's came up with this phrase, Gluten Free Friends, or GFFs, which I kind of love, love, love. Moving forward, feel free to consider me your GFF and your go-to gal for all things gluten free. GFFs are the best, best, best support system. Check out my video series below, where I'm chatting with Marissa Lippert to talk all things gluten - from exactly what it means to how you know you should change your diet.
I am so, so, so excited to share stories, fav recipes and so much more with you! Sometimes we get so caught up in our own world of work, family, etc. and forget the power of a great support system. I hope I can help you to understand what going gluten free really means and keep you motivated!
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 345F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, combine the bananas, sugar, melted butter, vanilla on medium-low speed. Add egg and mix until blended.
- Add baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and flour. Stir until blended - do not over mix.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter in the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle about half of the sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter and top with remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.