How To Contour And Highlight On Your Wedding Day
I’m back with another wedding day tutorial with Style Me Pretty! This is YOUR day and that means it’s your time to be the center of attention. You want to be the very best version of yourself; glowy and gorgeous, of course!
Now, you obviously don’t have to be a bride-to-be to master and learn this makeup trick. This contoured/highlighted look is perfect for any occasion! A bronzed look with added highlight gives dimension and brings out the beauty of the face.
Click below to check out my step-by-step tutorial:
Now, here’s a recap:
Your wedding day is about being as beautiful yet natural as possible. Think glowing goddess, not glamazon! You really have to master the highlight look or it can easily turn to strobelight. A little product truly goes a long way!
Before you begin anything, apply your base primer and foundation. When it comes to contour and highlighting, it’s important to use a product that’s easily blendable. I am OB-SESSED with Tom Ford’s Shade & Illuminate.
HOW TO CONTOUR:
- With your fingertip or brush, tap bronzer down the nose and across the apples of the cheeks. Apply and blend as needed depending on skin tone.
- Continue blending toward the ear.
HOW TO HIGHLIGHT:
- Focus on the high points of the face.
- Sweep a little under the eyebrow and a bit on the Cupid’s bow of your lip.
- With a small brush, run a line of highlighter down the bridge of the nose.
- Place a dab at the top of the cheekbones while making sure not to apply to the apple.
- Blend in with a sponge or tap with your fingers.
- Take a clean sweep across the face lightly to blend any lines.
- Finish with a translucent powder just on the t-zone and on the sides of the nose.
- Highlighter is also beautiful placed on the tops of shoulders and along the collarbone.