Happy Friday Everyone!! Ready for the weekend? I am, but it also means that Thanksgiving is just around the bend. Have you started to make your shopping list? The time has come to drag out your recipes and get prepared for the main event.
One of my favorite family recipes for the Thanksgiving table is Hot Cranberry Salad. This dish has been a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner staple on my table ever since I was a little girl. It is incredibly easy to make and although I know I’m insanely biased, it is super yummy. I’m certain it's the perfect addition to everyone’s holiday meal. What I love the most about this dish is that when I eat it, I feel like I'm home.
What are your family’s favorite Thanksgiving recipes? Tell me EVERYTHING!!
- 1½ lb. fresh cranberries
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples (peeled and cubed)
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp ground cloves
- 1 oz. butter
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt 1 oz. of butter in the pot or spray with Pam.
- Add cranberries and apples to the pot and sauté until cranberries start to pop.
- In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients except for walnuts.
- Add the mixture to the pot and stir.
- Add the walnuts last and cook on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pot into a Pyrex dish sprayed with Pam, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows and broil until crisp (approximately 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.