When Mother’s Day comes around, I always do my very best to show my momma how special she is to me as I’m sure you all do for the Momma’s in your life. My Momma truly means the world to me!! I am so very blessed to have such an incredible, wise and beautiful (inside and out) Mom. For this installment of GGG, we are using the Pantone color of the year, Radiant Orchid, as the inspiration for the gift guide for our Mother of the year.
In the Kitchen
- Le Creuset in Cassis - This is a very feminine take on cookware. Almost a throwback to the housewives of yesteryear, the beautiful colors reach its beauty in its simplicity and established name. Your mother will appreciate any piece in this collection. Currently only available on Sur La Table
- Woodland Pintuck Apron - Keep it clean in the kitchen with this colorful, stand out, yet still very functional, protect your Mother’s day brunch outfit, before a gathering of friends and family arrives.
- Spatula - Moms may be set in their way with their old tools, but this is way to bring your mother to cooking future. Put an end to that scraping-the-pan sound! I promise, her meals will only get better and her pans will thank you.
For the Home:
- Lavender Round Wreath - Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath. Lavender has tremendous soothing qualities, and hung in the right spot, this wreath will bring your mom the solace and peace she deserves.
- Pitcher and bowl tray - These trays have been a go-to hostess gift of mine for years. Chic and storied, with each individually signed by the artist, John Derian has made his mark and kept it. This tray will hold your cheese slices, water glasses, or may sit prettily on your wall.- truly versatile and with a range of infinite possibilities.
- Agate Coasters - For the mom that appreciates the elements. Agates are ageless and will top your table with a flair of sophisticated glamour and catch the eye of a passerby.
- Manicure and Pedicure with Butter London Nail Polish - The perfect pairing for a gift certificate for a mani/pedi to your mother’s favorite spa. Every lady loves to be pampered! Instead of a paper certificate signed with a smiley face, add this gorgeous polish so she can bring her own color to the scene.
- Headache Balm - Guilty as charged, we have all driven our mothers crazy over the years (hello, me at 15). A bit of a tease, but with a true sentiment, let’s ease our momma’s worries and give her a little relief.
- Druzy Arrowhead Necklace - Arrowheads are a beautiful statement. For the wanderer, the trend setter, and every woman in between.
- The Rumba Time Watch - For the mom that always picked you up on time, was first in the carpool line, and never left you kicking the curb. Here’s to you, momma! Let her remember that that punctuality has not gone unnoticed. A mommy flair on a traditional timepiece, this is sure to light up your mom’s face with a smile of gratitude.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.