In the interest of keeping up those New Year's Resolutions, maintaining your detox challenge, and nixing all those excuses everyone can come up with to avoid the gym, I'm back with Part 2 of my at home workout ideas! Last week I shared ways to tone your hips, butt, calves, glutes and thighs, but today it's time to move on to the rest of your body.
One reason I'm OB-sessed with these moves? They're so, so, so easy to do, no matter where you may be. While I work them into my regular exercise routine, they're absolutely perfect for hotel rooms, vacations, work trips, and those days when it's just too cold or too rainy to fathom heading to the gym.
Butt, Lower Back, Hamstrings
- Lie on the ground with a chair at your feet.
- Put one foot on the chair, and lift the opposite leg straight towards the ceiling, keeping it there the whole time
- Press your hips up off the floor, forming a straight line from your shoulder to your heel of the foot on the chair
- Lower and raise your hips, never letting your hips touch the floor.
- Do 20 reps, switch legs and repeat.
- Scoot your butt towards the edge of the chair
- Firmly grasp onto both sides of the chair with your hands
- Lean back slightly, extend your legs in front of you
- Lean in as you tuck your knees to your chest
- Lean back and extend again, and repeat
- Do 25 reps
- Sit on the edge of the chair with your feet together and your legs bent.
- Bend your elbows at 90 degrees and lower yourself towards the floor.
- Raise yourself back to the start position.
- Do 8 reps
As you can see, I’ve tried all the exercises myself and even used them while I was on vacation in Miami and the Bahamas meaning they're hotel room approved! They are all super simple, but will DEF-initely make you feel better for taking the time to burn some cals even when you're away from home or uninspired to make it to the gym.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.