Ladies and gentlemen, pick up your dry brushes!!
If you haven’t heard about dry brushing before, then I promise you this is something you need to add to your weekly regime. Not only is it great for your exterior (Hello skin, largest organ of the body) for exfoliation, but it is also incredibly amazing for your insides (lymph system, circulation, even cellulite)!!
My favorite time to dry brush is in the morning, right before I shower. Your skin needs to be dry. I know it is hard to accept that there’s no splish splashing while wielding a brush that looks like it was created for bath time, but I promise you, it is worth the effort. Speaking of brush, you really need a natural fiber fellow like this.
At only $6, this is truly one of the most inexpensive home spa treatments you will ever find.
The Internet is full of hundreds of techniques, one not decidedly better than the other, but below are some basics to get you started.
- Brush toward the heart. It's the best thing for your blood flow and lymphatic system.
- Start at the soles of your feet and work your way up the body with long upward strokes.
- Circular motion is perfect for your midsection.
- Brush up your arms, toward your armpits.
- Shower after brushing. Wash all the dry dead skin away!
- How often? Listen to your body. It may be something you build up to. A few times a week would be ideal.
- MOST IMPORTANT: This isn’t a Silkwood scrub down. Use firm, but not painful pressure. Do not make yourself really red or irritated.
My best advice is to try a few different techniques out and see what works best for you and your skin. Your glowing, healthy skin will thank you for it!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.