10 Crisp Scents For Summer
When summer hits, I like to change up my beauty routine. My moisturizer is lighter, my nail color is brighter, and my bronzer is definitely a bit darker. The perfumes I wear also change as the seasons do.
In the fall and winter, I tend to wear a scent that’s a little darker with some amber or musk notes. For summer, I switch it up with something crisp and fresh that mimics the season. There’s nothing worse than a heavy scent in the hot heat!
While most people think of summer scents as something on the edge of coconut, I prefer something a little more light and clean. I’m not saying a strictly fruity scent in the summertime isn’t enjoyable—it just isn’t for me. Scent is entirely a personal preference!
If you’re looking to switch up your scents (and love something crisp & clean), here are some of my favorite picks:
1. Marc Jacobs Cucumber:A spritz on this on a hot summer day will have you relaxed and refreshed. It smells like a spa day in a bottle!
Notes: Watery Cucumber, Lotus Leaf, Crisp Bamboo, Lily of the Valley, Linden Blossom, Dutch Freesia, Frosted Musk, Blonde Woods
2. Tom Ford Soleil Blanc: The perfect mix of light and sensual. This scent still has that amber note I love but in a more understated, summery way.
Notes: Cardamom Oil, Bergamot, Benzoin Extract, Coco de Mer, Pistachio
3. Fresh Life: This fragrance, by Fresh, was formulated to capture the scents of a clear blue sky, sweet morning air, and velvety water. Enough said.
Notes: Sweet Cucumber, Sparkling Moss, Grapefruit, Lilac Leaves, Vanilla Grass.
4. Maison Margiela Replica Lazy Sunday Morning:For those who like to smell clean with no frills. This scent is just like the joy of fresh sheets!
Notes: Pear, Lily of the Valley, Iris, Rose Absolue, Orange Flower, White Musk, Indian Patchouli Oil, Ambrette Seeds Absolute.
5. Clean Cool Cotton:This is along the same lines. Clean and subtle.
Notes: Italian Bergamot, Crisp Green Apple, Lemon Zest, Mimosa Blossom, Cooling Mint, Fresh Cotton Accord, Creamy Musks, Peach Skin, Amber Droplet.
6. Tom Ford Azure Lime:This is my FAVORITE! While still having the woody notes it’s surprisingly fresh…especially for summer. I wear this one year after year.
Notes: Lime Water Infusion, Lemon, Orange Flower Templar, Crisp Basil, Wild Mint, Neroli, Oakwood, Patchouli.
7. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue:A classic favorite.
Notes: Sicilian Citron, Bluebell, Granny Smith Apple, Jasmine Sambac, Bamboo, White Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Musk
8. Tory Burch By Tory Burch: This fragrance mixes crisp, citrus notes with subtle floral to create a bright summer scent.
Notes: Neroli, Grapefruit, Cassis, Bergamot, Peony, Tuberose, Jasmine Sambac, Vetiver, Sandalwood.
9. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria in Herba Fresca:Spritz this scent on for a mix of freshly cut grass and green tea. It’s so crisp and refreshing especially on a hot day.
Notes: Clover Leaf, Italian Lemon, Spearmint, Green Tea, Lily Of The Valley, Cyclamen, Pear Flower.
10. Aerin Beauty Waterlily Sun: The perfect mix of floral and fruit in this scent make it subtle, not overwhelming. It’s great for everyday wear!
Notes: Sicilian Bergamot, Jasmine Sambac.