We had a ridiculous amount of fun at our MollySims.com Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Brooks was super trooper!! He not only tolerated our festive costumes, but he seemed to really enjoy getting in on the act. Maybe it was the avocados or maybe it was the avocados (his favorite food), but Brooks put this Supermodel Mama to shame with all the good face he gave to the camera for our little photo shoot.
I know I’m biased but how can you resist this gorgeous face??
We started our Cinco de Mayo fiesta with cocktails,but today it is all about the eats. Our two recipes are super simple to create and uber kid friendly. Both got a super yummy “thumbs up” from Brooksie!!
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 multi grain or whole-wheat tortilla
- ½ of a ripe avocado
Heat pan at medium high then place tortilla flat in the pan. Heat for approximately 90 seconds before placing two handfuls (~ ¾ cup) of finely shredded cheese. As the cheese begins to melt, add 4-5 nice sized chunks onto cheese. Once your cheese has melted and the outside of the tortilla has a nice crisp on it, fold the tortilla over in half. Pull from heat when desired crispiness is achieved. Slice quesadilla in approximately 4-5 toddler hand friendly pieces and serve!
- 3 big avocados
- 1/2 container of non-fat Greek yogurt (I like using non-dairy coconut type by So Delicious since many people are eating dairy-free these days!)
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Hot sauce, optional (but I think it gives it a good kick!)
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Mash up the avocados in a bowl with a fork. Stir it a few times to smooth out the texture
- Mix in the onions and tomatoes and slowly add the yogurt, be careful not to add too much. You can always add more later!
- Add in the cilantro and all of the spices, gradually. Make sure to taste test along the way to get just the right amount of kick!
Quick Tip 1:
Skip the chips… but not entirely!! Offer a healthier balance to your Cinco de Mayo fiesta by slicing various veggies and placing them next to the guacamole and salsa.
We always keep plenty of sliced veggies on hand for an incredibly healthy & easy snack options.
Quick Tip #2
Cut your veggies into “chip” sized pieces. Make choosing veggies even more appealing to guests of all ages!! Add a bit of water to your veggie serving tray. This will keep them in the crisp and fresh all fiesta long!
We are not sure who had more fun at our little fiesta! Do you have any great fiesta worthy recipes? Please feel free to send, as I would love to share them here on MollySims.com!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.