At last…it’s time for dessert! Similar to last week’s recipe, there’s a nice tasty twist. Last week I showed you the amazingness of making a pizza crust with cauliflower and today I’m going to share one of my new FAV-orite recipes - ice cream made from bananas. Lactose intolerant friends rejoice! Even if you are amigos with dairy, this recipe is definitely something you need to try. It is so yummy and delicious and not to mention just as creamy as regular ice cream. I bet you could fool a foodie on this one. It is incredibly easy to make and you can play around with all types of fruits and additions (peanut butter and chocolate chips are divine). You really can’t go wrong. I put together this delicious feast for my friends over at Glamour.com and wanted to make sure that I spread the love over on my site as well. (PS… these recipes are perfect for any time of year)
In case you missed any of the scrumptious details, I have included links below to get you on the same page.
Now without further adieu, it is time for our summer dinner recipe finale:
Banana Berry Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- Break bananas down into 1” pieces and place in a freezer safe container or Ziploc bag. Place in freezer overnight (at least 5-8 hours).
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend. Initially bananas will look crumbly.
- Stop processor and scrape the sides down and continue to blend. The bananas will then be a bit gooey with bits of frozen banana throughout.
- Scrape the sides down again and continue to blend. The texture you are looking for is like soft serve ice cream.
- Once you reach that point add the berries (you can add any types of fruit or even chocolate chips!!) and blend again to mix in the additional ingredients and aerate the ice cream.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.