Baby Talk: My 5 Tips for the Multitasking Momma
Life as a new momma is quite the balancing act. On one hand, it’s this incredible, eye-opening experience; but on the other hand, it’s easy to feel like I’m constantly juggling time spent with Brooks, my career, my personal life, and my marriage. It’s certainly not easy, but I wouldn’t give up this time in my life for anything. Luckily, I’ve learned a few tricks for balancing life with a baby…
1. Take 5-minute showers. I used to take 30-minute showers, but now I’m in and out. It really shouldn’t take that long to wash your hair! Cutting down on my shower time leaves more time for the important things. I’ve also started showering and blow-drying my hair after putting Brooks down for the night. Every new mom knows that mornings can get hectic.
2. Walk or hike with the baby. Alone time is limited when you’re a new mom, which makes it hard to sneak off to the gym. To solve that problem I’ve started working out with the baby in tow. I just pack Brooks into his baby Bjorn and hit the hiking trails. It’s like having a 16 lb. weight strapped to your chest, which is a pretty good way to work off the baby weight.
3. Talk on the phone while you’re on the treadmill. When I do make it to the gym, I still like to multitask. Not only will talking on the phone make the time pass more quickly, but it also lets you catch up with your girlfriends. I usually vent about my husband and how I have no time anymore!
4. Always have almonds on you. Things can get so busy as a new mom that sometimes I literally forget to eat. All of the sudden it’s 3 p.m. and I realize I never ate lunch! That’s why I always keep a handful of almonds with me. They’re the perfect healthy snack to hold you over until you have a moment to make a real meal.
5. Make lists. It’s the only way I can keep track of everything I have to do these days, and nothing feels better than crossing things off!
Do you have any multitasking tricks of your own?
I’d love to hear about them in the comments!