I can’t even tell you how much I enjoyed reading all the wonderful questions you submitted for my very first Ask Molly post! I wish I could answer every single one, but I chose five to respond to this time. Don’t worry though, there will be lots more Ask Molly to come. So without further ado, let’s chat!
1. "Please tell me your favorite makeup products! Your favorite color of blush in particular and what colors you use to enhance those green eyes. Thank you!" - Tasha
Hey Tasha! My all-time favorite blushes are Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in light pink and Stila Convertible Color in peony. For green eyes I love the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in golden mink and any other purples, golds, mauves, and coppery browns. A few of my other favorite beauty products are Benefit Eye Bright, Diorshow Mascara, my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, Prtty Peaushun Body Lotion, and my Enzo Milani clipless curling wand.
2. "Hey Molly! Congrats on the new addition. I have a fitness question. Did you work out during your pregnancy or are you just starting up again? What is your fitness plan for dropping the baby weight and getting back into ‘fighting shape’ if you will? Was it hard to stay disciplined with diet and exercise during your pregnancy?" – Rick Garland
Hi Rick! I did the Tracy Anderson Method throughout my pregnancy. It was very hard during the first trimester especially because I was so nauseous, but the exercising really helped with the nausea. I literally had to force myself to get to the gym, but then I felt better. During the second trimester I had a burst of energy and working out was easy. During the third trimester I had so much fluid that it was hard to work out. The treadmill was my best friend! Just making myself stretch and move was so important and felt better.
Post pregnancy, I have to wait 6 weeks to exercise full-on again but I’ve been going on walks, eating lots of protein, and watching all the sugar I craved during pregnancy. Plus, I’m still eating my fiber crisps! It’s so important to get some fiber in your system.
3. "If you had to paint your whole house the same color, what would you pick?" - Sudsy
My interior designer Kishani and I love a pale gray. If I had to paint the entire house in one color, I would likely pick Farrow and Ball's Shaded White. It’s soft, neutral, and warm but clean! I also love Valspar paints!
4. "Hi Molly! Congratulations on your latest addition to your family, and also thank you for this site—lots of fun stuff, advice and positive attitude! My question is: What are your secrets to keeping so positive and creative? How do you brighten a rainy day, and keep yourself and others feeling good about themselves and life in general?" - Jojo
Being positive is easy. Just be grateful. Don’t forget that when one door shuts, another always opens. You just might have to kick it open little by little. I also recommend this great book called It's Time, No One’s Coming to Save You by Mary Goldenson.
5. "Hi Molly! It's my first time here but I have a question for you. It's not about beauty and things like that, but I hope it's okay anyway. I loooooved Las Vegas when I was younger and when it ended I literally cried. I have always wondered what happened to you and the baby. I mean I know nothing really happened since the show ended, but what was planned to happen? Thanks and good luck with the little one! Xoxoxo" – Sandra Henningsson
Hey Sandra! So glad you stopped by the site! The baby was going to be a girl and she was going to be called Ruby. Josh wanted a boy though (hehe!).
What should our next Ask Molly topic be?
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.