Alice + Olivia is one of my favorite lines for fun, flirty, feminine fashion. Think bright colors, accents that sparkle and conversational prints—the perfect mixture of sophistication and quirk. Their spring collection is especially ah-mazing. I am just dying over all the printed pants!
But let’s take a break from drooling over the latest Alice + Olivia pieces for a second to get inside the head of the fashion genius behind them all. For the first in my new series of 5 Questions posts, I had a quick chat with my friend and Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet. Here’s what she had to say to me about fashion, beauty, mommy-hood and more:
1. If you had only one item of clothing to take with you to a desert island, what would it be?
High heels. What else do you need on a desert island!?
2. What are your can't-live-without beauty products?
Homeoplasmine, Minx nails, red M.A.C lipstick, Sebastian Light shampoo and Stila cream blush.
3. What is your favorite piece from the Alice + Olivia's spring collection?
Our black-and-white striped bell-bottom pants! I also love all of the printed floral ones. It’s the spring of printed pants!
4. As a mother of two, what advice do you have for me as a new mommy?
You can never love a baby too much!
5. What are your secrets to staying in shape?
Ashtanga yoga five times a week. It really tones and lengthens the muscles, and it’s a fast flowing yoga, so its cardio too!
Who should I ask 5 questions to next?
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.