Meet Kishani Perera: interior design guru. And I don’t use that term lightly! I’ve known Kishani for a long time and we’ve done three places together. Now she’s designing my nursery along with the lovely ladies from Layla Grayce.
Kishani has an amazing boutique in L.A. called Rummage, and she also just came out with a new book, Vintage Remix, that you have to get your hands on. (I wrote the foreword!) So without further ado, here are my five questions for Kishani…
1. Describe your design aesthetic in five words:
Curated, colorful, inviting, chic, livable.
2. What are your top 3 resources for one-of-a-kind décor finds?
EBay, auctions and off-the-beaten-path antique stores.
3. What’s the biggest mistake people make when it comes to decorating?
Trying to match everything!
4. What’s your advice for giving your house a little facelift for under $500?
Paint works wonders for a quick and inexpensive transformation.
5. How would you describe your new book, Vintage Remix?
Vintage Remix not only illustrates my design philosophy and showcases my projects, but it takes the reader through my process step by step. Hoping to take the intimidation out of eclectic design, the book provides guidance, tips and advice on how to create that perfect mix for your own home. My goal was to inspire readers to be bold, make the spaces they inhabit their own and learn to combine vintage and new, retail and custom, funky and traditional pieces. Whether you have a studio apartment or a 5,000-square-foot house, it should effuse personality and charm—and you can achieve that on any type of budget!
I’m giving away three signed copies of Kishani’s new book, Vintage Remix! Here’s how to enter…
Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite Décor post has been on my site so far. That’s all you have to do! I’ll announce the winner next week!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out Kishani’s store Rummage if you’re in L.A.!
7374 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
1. You must be a registered MollySims.com member to enter.
2. Winners will be contacted via private message to their MollySims.com inbox and by email. If our team does not hear back within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected in your place.
3. Limit one comment per entry, per day.
4. This giveaway ends at midnight PST on April 11, 2012.
5. This is not a sponsored giveaway in any way.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.