photo credit: Erica Hampton Photography
I may be trying to lose my baby weight but that doesn't mean that I can't splurge from time to time. Since St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow, I thought it would be the perfect time to share this delicious recipe with you!
I'm all about adding a healthy ingredient to any recipe if I can--even dessert. For this festive "leprechaun bark", the health benefits and the color come from everyone's favorite superfood, matcha. Matcha powder is FULL of antioxidants and has proven to increase energy levels (which I desperately need!)
Matcha naturally has a more earthy flavor but when mixed with chocolate you can't tell. Your kids will just think the green color is magic, not a superfood.
For this recipe, you don't even need an oven. It's super easy and only takes up to 20 minutes. Check it out below!
- 1 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- Sea salt
1. Melt the white chocolate chips on a stovetop or microwave until melted. Mix in the matcha powder.
2. Pour mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle chocolate chips and sea salt on top.
3. Place baking sheet in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. When fully hardened, take out and break into pieces. Voila! A dessert with some added health benefits.
Looking for more matcha recipes to try? Check out these links:
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.