TOP FIVE <i>Sweat-Proof</i> PRODUCTS
We’re back in the summer heat and all my makeup is melting away. Momma is exhausted, so I’ve been on the hunt for the best summer-proof products. I asked my friend, Vi Fessenden to share with you guys her very favorites for this summer. She always has great beauty tips and has simplified her sweat-proof list to perfection.
With warmer weather here to stay for a while, it’s important to keep your beauty locked down and sweat-proof all day long. Whether you’re a busy mom running errands, laying out by the pool or trying to survive the workday without the extra shine, these five sweat-proof products will be your saving grace.
1. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: This eyeliner is smudge-proof, easy to remove even and best of all, won’t budge all day! I wear this when I know I’m going out and it’s going to be a long night, and every time, I come home with a perfectly intact and killer cat eye. Another plus of the Tattoo Liner is the precision that this eyeliner gives you because the liner is like a felt pen–a totally foolproof product for beginners!
2. BareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder in Original: I always carry this with me when I go to events just in case I get shiny. But it’s so good, I never find myself in need of reapplication. This veil will last you a good eight hours, and if it’s an all-day event, you’ll only need a slight touch-up. I’ve been a loyal fan of bareMinerals since 9thgrade and will probably always use this as a finishing powder. bareMinerals Veil is one of my favorites for the summer because it’s so lightweight, I don’t feel like I’m caking it up. The powder also has a matte finish which helps to keep the shine away when you’re breaking a sweat!
3. Hask Dry Shampoo: I only wash my hair every other day to keep the natural oils in my hair. To avoid my hair falling flat and looking sweaty, I use this super gentle and natural dry shampoo from Hask. What’s even better about it is the fact that it’s free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten and artificial colors. I have sensitive skin and an active child that loves to eat and pull my hair, so I would rather the products I put in my hair also be safe for my baby. As if it can’t get any better than that, these dry shampoos are around $4 and are available at your neighborhood convenient store or drugstore.
4. LANCÔME Monsieur Big Mascara: This is a great buy that has lasted me for some time! It’s unique because while it is not a “waterproof” formula, it never budges. I’ve worn this for 24 hours on a busy workday, and even in this 90-degree weather in South Carolina- it did not smudge. It is well worth the money and it’s also free of parabens and phthalates. A major factor that draws me to Monsieur Big Mascara is that, unlike other waterproof mascara formulas, it doesn’t dry out your lashes. It keeps your lashes conditioned and is buildable without getting flakey or melting off your face.
5. BITE Matte Crème Lip Crayon: I love this lipstick as it doesn’t dry your skin out, and a little bit goes a long way! This lip crayon lasts throughout the day and night without reapplying- which is pretty amazing for any lip product. Make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before applying the lip color because if you have dry flaky skin on your lips, it won’t last nearly as well. These also come in a travel size making them extremely easy to carry while on the go during your summer festivities!
Shop the Products
Also… I live and die for these earrings that I’m wearing. Snag them here. Get them in every color- you’ll thank me.
What are y’all’s essential summer products? Share below in the comments!