This season is always my busiest, but this year specifically is the craziest I’ve had in a while. I am constantly searching for ways to manage my work, family and home life during the holidays. It’s hard work! My friend, Jenny Morgan has some simple ways to make all these busy holiday areas work together.
Well, my friends – the holidays are HERE! We are wrapping presents, decorating trees, lighting candles, and sharing gifts of love with our family and friends. Here are a few ways to keep the peace during the busiest time of the year!
1. Create a family calendar: I’m sure many of you already have one – BUT – if you’re like me, your regular schedule is already brimming over with holiday activity. Align yourself and your time with those you love and make sure that you don’t miss anything – an invite, a party, a celebration, a play, or a gift giving opportunity. These are the days that make the year magical.
2. Make a to-do list – check it twice: I am a lover of lists! Not only do I love to make sure that I get everything done, but I also love to give my brain a rest. Write down your to-do’s (or put them in your phone) and allow yourself a chance to breathe. Take this season day by day. It might appear to be overwhelming, but if you approach it with a moment-by-moment mentality, you – and your JOY – won’t be burnt out.
3. Schedule some “me” time: This is so important! Find a moment to get some time to take care of yourself. Maybe you need a mani/pedi, or a massage. Or, maybe you need to take an hour to read a fabulous new book. Or, hey – maybe you just want to unplug and meditate or pray. Whatever it is – do it for YOU. You will feel revived and refreshed after you give yourself a moment to breathe.
4. Turn off and be present: We tend to go through the holidays fast and furiously. If we are consistently plugged in – we miss the good stuff; the moments where your kids are laughing together, or your in-laws are getting along, or your neighbor drops off a home-baked treat. Read a beautiful holiday book with your family by the fire. Play a game. Laugh together. Tis’ the season.
5. Celebrate the magic: What a wonderful time of year to cozy up and take in the beauty around us. Our homes, schools, businesses and churches are decorated festively. We take the time to create a winter wonderland, so get out there and enjoy it with those you love!
Cheers and blessings to all of you for a most beautiful season!
These suggestions REALLY work you guys. I apply most of these in my own household and I wouldn’t be able to do my day-to-day without them. Comment below what ways you keep your family on track for the holidays!