VIDEO: Setting Sprays That Work!
Last week I did a very in depth video on primers and which ones to use for different skin types to make your makeup stay on! Well, this week I’m finding out which setting sprays are worth the money. To be honest, until I started working with certain makeup artists, setting it was the last thing I would do. Now, it’s become essential in my makeup routine.
There are many sprays out there, each target something different. I round up the cult favorites and put them to the test to find out which one truly works.
1. Models Own— Fix everything in place with this makeup fixing spray. This refreshing mist sets makeup in place, while hydrating for a flawless look that lasts.
2. Mac Prep + Prime — A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.
3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir— This powerful plant based anti-dull completion treatment smooths away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the completion and instant boost of radiance.
4. Cover FX Mattifying — Gives instant mattification while giving your makeup some serious staying power. The ultra-fine mist application delivers a weightless, long wearing matte finish while absorbing surface shine and miming the appearance of pores.
5. Cover FX Illuminating — Provides instant illumination while giving your makeup some serious staying power. The ultra-fine mist application delivers an even, luminous finish making this a perfect all-over highlighter for both face and body— and the more you mist, the more intense you glow.
6. Urban Decay All Nighter— Gives your makeup some serious staying power. All nighter setting spray keeps makeup looking gorgeous for up to 16 hours— without melting, fading or settling into fine lines.
7. ELF Matte Magic Mist & Set— Helps makeup stay put, and helps control shine for beautiful-looking skin. Infused with Vitamin B, E Arctium Majus Root to help hydrate and soothe. The lightweight formula helps improve makeup wearability and prevent color from running or fading.
At the end of the week I have to say that Urban Decay's All-Nighter was my favorite but e.l.f.'s Mist & Set is an insanely good drugstore option. They truly kept my makeup from smudging and it looked like I just did my makeup when 5 o’clock hit. Let me know what you think about this video in the comments below. Next week I'm sharing all of the undergarments that will make you look lean!
Shop the sprays:
Subscribe so you don't miss out!