Hair Accessories To Fix A Bad Hair Day
Bad hair days are inevitable. There have been times I passed out with wet hair or my usual part just wasn't working in my favor. Although I'm a huge advocate for dumping a bottle of dry shampoo in my hair, sometimes it just doesn't cut it. I've come across some of the chicest hair accessories that will turn your bad hair day into a look your girlfriends will try to recreate.
The Hair Wrap
I thought I'd share this really cool hair wrap pony that my hairstylist, Kiki Heitkotter did on me. My hair was beyond dirty and full of salt-water. This was the best way to not have to wash my hair but still have a sleek pony.
This hair accessory is far from one that you can buy at Nordstrom or Netaporter, my hairstylist Kiki Heitkotter is beyond creative and whipped this up with three types of thread. You can find these threads at your local Michael's or even on Amazon.
- Cut pieces (one of each color) that are three times the length of the hair being wrapped.
- Grab the piece of hair that you want to wrap, we chose to do my entire ponytail.
- Take the color(s) of string you have chosen by one of the ends and tie a small knot around the hair. Try to get as close to the root as possible.
- Take the color you want to start with and hold the rest of the colors tightly with the pony.
- To start wrapping, take the string and tightly wrap it all the way around the ponytail. The tighter and closer each wrap is, the longer the wrap will last.
- To change colors, just grab which one you want and hold the first color against the rest of your hair.
- Repeat the last two steps until you get to the point where you want the thread to end.
- To tie off the end you can simply just tie a regular knot. Make it a double or a triple knot so it does not slip.
You can tuck it up under the last wrap so it does not show as much.
gold clips, barrettes and combs
I love to add a little piece of gold into my hair to elevate my look. Sometimes all you need to fix a bad hair day is a great barrette, clip or comb.
shop some favorites:
Sometimes, especially in the summer, it's head to get your hair done. With all of the sun damage and chlorine, my hair suffers. So, to hide my roots, I tend to throw on a head scarf. This can either be a bandana, turban, scarf or even a thick headband.
Shop some favorites :
The black ribbon has been a trend since fall 2017 and it is staying throughout 2018. I love the femininity of a half up/ half down pony with a sleep black ribbon. It adds an instant amount of sleek and chicness.
Shop my favorites:
Do you have any fun hair accessories for me to try out? Let me know below!