First Friday Favorites: January
January is the Monday of the months... and by that I mean it's a month of fresh opportunities and a way to reboot your lifestyle and (my favorite) find new products! Over the past month and a half I've been searching for new goodies and received some amazing holiday gifts that I can't wait to tell you all about. So let's just get right into it.
1. Milk Bar's birthday cake truffles: I have no idea how I've never heard of these before in my life but a PR agency sent them to me right before my Cabo trip (RIP bikini body). The are divine. I'm not being paid to say this I'm just beyond obsessed and it's becoming an issue for me. Picture a vanilla and white chocolate cake rolled in sugar and butter. They're heavenly and I might have to have a full cake for Scar Scar's birthday. They're currently located in Washington D.C., New York, Las Vegas and Toronto but you can also make them at home with your kiddos with this mix.
2. Retrouve Revitalizing Eye Concentrate: Okay, I know this does not come cheap but it really works wonders. My makeup artist, Joey Maalouf introduced me to this and I haven't gone back since. If you're like me and have dry skin... you'll know that your under-eyes tend to look cake-y when you put powder on-- which I hate! This cream enriches and plumps the delicate to prevent those creases under your eyes. If you're not looking to splurge on this one, you can find a similar product that works wonders here.
3. Lilah B.'s Sun-Kissed Bronze Bronzed Duo: Lilah B. actually sent me this themselves right before I went to Cabo and I DIE for it. It's the only face makeup I needed during my entire trip because it gives the perfect glow!
4. Tom Ford Sheer Highlighting Duo: Can you guys tell I looove a glow?! This is my all time favorite highlighter at the moment. I feel like I'm always talking about a new highlighter and that's because I go through all of them so quickly. Not only is it a highlighter, but it gives a little bit of pigment to your cheeks for a rosy look.
5. Anita Ko Ear Cuff: I constantly get asked where I get my ear cuffs from. Well, for Christmas, my parents got me this gorgeous Rose Gold ear off from one of my favorite jewelry designers, Anita Ko and I haven't taken it off since! I know this is another pricey product but obviously jewelry is an investment. If you're not ready to spend the big bucks, I found a similar one that's just as gorgeous here.
6. K+ Organics: I found this organic drink while browsing the aisles in Bristol Farms and was shocked when I saw that there was a sports drink without any artificial preservatives, flavors, colors or sweeteners! Not only are they organic, but they actually taste pretty freakin' good! My kiddos always grab one when they run out the door to soccer, ballet or basketball practice! Now that they're actually becoming conscious of what they put in their mouths, I make sure that they don't have any processed or artificially flavored products around them. This products makes my kiddos happy and momma happy!
7. Gray Malin phone case: Okay you guys... my assistant got me this phone case for Christmas and I'm OBSESSED. Y'all know how much I love Gray Malin and the fact that I get to carry this sucker around with me all day makes me the happiest woman on the planet. It's actually so perfect because if being on my phone doesn't give someone the hint that I'm Busy... then my phone case sure will ;).
8. Uma oils: The weather has been changing in Los Angeles like crazy lately and my skin is definitely suffering. Especially the climate change from Cabo to LA, there's a huge difference. Uma's oils have literally saved my skin this week from not only hydration but I've seen a difference in my skin's texture.
9. How To Raise An Adult: Brooks is preparing for Kindergarten, Scarlett is going to go into her 2nd year of pre-school and Grey turns 1 in less than two weeks. These are pivotal moments in my children's lives and Stuber and I are doing the best we can but sometimes we need some help. I discovered this book through my kids' pre-school teacher, Tara Rubin (who I LOVE) and I can't put it down. This book helps you go through the steps of your child's life while setting them up for success. This is a must read for a parent with a child of any age.
10. SuperGoop Sunscreen: I have melasma, which I talk about very frequently, and I need to take care of it by applying sunscreen everyday! Especially when I was in Cabo, I really had to lather this stuff on and let me tell you, my melasma did not get worse like it normally does when I'm in the sun. SuperGoop = my SuperFav.
SHOP MY JANUARY FAVORITES:
Hope you enjoyed this month's favorites! What's your current obsession? Let me know in the comments below!