Kelly LeVeque's Detox Recipes
I love my girl Kelly LeVeque for all things wellness! She's who I turn to when I'm feeling bloated or sluggish. The second I got back from Cabo after the new year, she was the first person I called to get me back in shape. So, I'm sharing some of her detoxing recipes that I'm using to get momma back on her A-game!
Not only is she having me eat specific foods, but she's making me SWEAT everyday. I've been doing CorePower Yoga Sculpt, Sweat Bar, and running in my neighborhood with Grey. Let me tell you, I feel better already! I used Kelly's Fab Four program to shed my baby weight from having Grey and it really worked! I felt so much leaner postpartum which is what all mommas want!
Her book, Body Love, talks about living in balance! She says that once you find your balance. Today, she's letting me share her detox smoothie, salad and soup recipes that I'm making to get back on track with all of you!
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DETOX SALAD
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups mixed baby spinach and kale
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 6 to 8 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup microgreens
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the salad ingredients and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Divide the salad between two plates and serve.
- Option to top with protein such as 4 ounces of chicken, salmon, or shrimp.
GREEN APPLE SMOOTHIE
- 1 serving Vanilla Protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp chia
- 1 tbsp Best of Greens Green Apple Powder
- 1 c nut milk
- Blend ingredients in high speed blender until smooth.
BONE BROTH VEGGIE SOUP
2 tbsp olive oil
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped carrots
2 peppers chopped (red/yellow)
2 cups chopped chopped kale
1 bag cauliflower rice
1 box crushed tomatoes 🍅
4: 16 ounce bags of bone broth
- In a large pot sweat onions and garlic in olive oil on medium low heat
- Add all the veggies except tomatoes and kale, turn up heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes stirring every few minutes.
- Add bone broth and bring to a boil, turn down to medium heat/ rolling boil and cook for another for 6-8 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes into a purée and pour into soup to thicken the broth while boiling.
- Stir in Kale and season to taste with salt.
You can add smoked paprika, parsley, pepper or chili seasoning if you like more of a kick!
I hope you guys enjoy these recipes as much as I do! Let's all detox together because our bodies deserve it!
What's your secret detox drink or food that makes you feel better?! Let me know below.