Work smarter... not harder in the kitchen. I'm sharing my no fuss, no brainer and fool-proof and chic charcuterie plate and skinny cocktail to pair.
At every great party, there's a great charcuterie platter. Throughout the years I've learned how to throw a mean charcuterie board that satisfies all tastebuds.
What you need to create the ultimate board:
I love using a french baguette for my boards but you can also pair your cheese and meats with your favorite crackers.
2 types of meat:
- Salami (can be spiced or peppered)
- Prosciutto (goes great with mozzarella
3 types of cheese:
- A blue cheese
- A buttery, mild and creamy cheese
- Brie with truffle
When you're creating a charcuterie board, think of all of the different types of tastes: salty, sweet and acidic and savory.
For salty: Think olives and nuts. I like to use marcona almonds. I put them in a dish drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some rosemary and kosher salt. It’s the perfect salty snack
For sweet: Think fruit. I have a combination of dried fruit, grapes, strawberries and blackberries. It brings color to your board. I also love to add honey and fig spreads.
For acidic and savory: Think artichoke hearts and cornichons. They give the perfect bite that I love.
TAKE HOME TIPS:
- Feel free to mix and change it up.
- The messier the board the better.
- Don't worry about layering. The more your food touches, the better! You can put leaves on your board or put some bowls on it.
- For a more artisanal look, keep everything that comes on a vine... on the vine.
SKINNY PEACH CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL:
- Rose Champagne (I used Schramsberg)
- LaCroix Peach/Pear flavor
- Pour half a glass of LaCorix peach/pear sparkling water into a champagne glass
- Fill the rest of the glass with your rose champagne
- Drop in a few pomegranates
- Serve chilled
I love making these platters since they're so fun and colorful! If any of you have some tips for making a charcuterie board extra special, leave them in the comments below! Or... give me a skinny cocktail recipe! You guys know I love my skinny cocktails!