My Hydrating Winter Skincare Routine
This time of year always leaves my skin extremely dry and flakey which is why I have to change my skincare routine when the seasons change. Since it just started to feel like winter here in LA, I thought I'd share some of the products that are literally saving my skin and bringing it back to life.
So good skincare always comes form having a good regimen. I'm all about consistency but also adding something new when your skin needs it. I know you mommas are reading this and are like, a regimen?! With 3 kids?! How do you have the time?! You have to make time. If you don't invest and take care of your skin now, it is going to show in the long run. Our mothers, grandmothers and aunts have taught us this for years. We have to listen to them because they're full of wisdom and know best.
So, let's just get right into it... here's my skincare routine for when the months get a whole lot chillier.
1. Cleanser: Kiehl's makes an amazing cleanser. I have extremely dry and acne prone skin so this one really helps with balancing the pH in my skin to keep it's moisture and natural oils. However, if you have oily skin... I would suggest Murad's Essential C-Cleanser.
2. Toner: Always always always include a toner in your regimen. Toners remove the excess dirt and oil that your cleanser doesn't get and they even out your skin tone. During the colder months, I use a moisturizing toner from Nooni. This one is great because it has two layers to it. The first layer has fermented oils that removes waste and helps your skin soak up the nutrients in the rest of your skin routine. The second layer is a Magnesium-rich Deep Sea Water that hydrates your skin. Your skin will be so dewy and glow after using this product.
3. Spot Treatment: We all need spot treatments year round, unless you're one of those lucky people who have pristine skin, but the hard thing about winter is that most spot treatments are so high in benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid which will make your dry skin even dryer. So if you have some stubborn pimples, I'd recommend using Neutrogena's On-The-Spot Acne Treatment since it has a lesser concentration of those ingredients while still getting the job done.
4. Serum: Moisture-boosting serums are essential for they dryer, colder winter months. I'm a huge fan of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel! I know this one is on the pricier side, so I found this one from Avene which is half the price and is just as good.
5. Eye Cream: So I have the type of skin that my makeup really sinks in to. I'm not going to lie, I lather eye cream on like it's nobody's business. I recently started to use Neturogena's Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream and it has seriously done wonders. It's light enough for oily skin but hydrating enough for people, like myself who need that extra moisture under their eyes.
6. Moisturizer or Face Oil: I personally like to use a moisturizer over a face oil just because I feel like my skin absorbs moisturizer better. My current favorite is Sunday Riley's Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream! I have been treating my hyper pigmentation and have seen a significant difference in my skin tone and texture because of this product. But if you're more of the face oil kind of woman, Sunday Riley makes a great hydrating one!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS:
I hope my regimen will leave all of you glowy and dewy during these dry and cold winter months! If you have any products that are high on your list, leave them in the comments below and I'd love to try them out!
Talk next time! xox