Whether it’s your first time going out on Black Friday or you’ve done this before, everyone needs some tips on how to handle the biggest shopping event of the year. Not to brag or anything… but I have to say I’m a pro when it comes to shopping. We’re less than two weeks away from the big event and I want to help you guys win big.
Tip #1- Map out your conquests
You have to know where you’re going. Don’t spend your day driving around in traffic. Map it out based on store openings.
I already did some research for you:
Best Buy- Opens at 5p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and will stay open until 1 am. on Friday. Then they reopen that day at 8 a.m. and close at 10 p.m.
Dick’s Sporting Goods- Opens at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and closes at 2 a.m. on Friday. They reopen at 5 a.m. and remain open until 10 p.m.
GAP- Opens at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving and some locations will stay open through Friday! Check mall hours and website online!
JCPenny- Opens at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving and stays open until 10 p.m. the following day. If you’re an online shopper, beware that their online sale begins on November 19!
Kmart- Opens at 6a.m. on Thanksgiving and will stay open until 10 p.m. on Friday. Check with your local store because some Kmart’s will close at midnight or 2 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m.
Nordstrom - Closed on Thanksgiving but they’re open on Friday from 8am to 10pm. However, if you want to score some deals early… shop online on Thanksgiving Day!
Sam’s Club- Opens at 7 a.m. on Black Friday and their sale prices will be valid until Sunday while supplies last. Again, online shoppers this one’s for you: their online ales begin at midnight on Thanksgiving (the perfect way to let your turkey and gravy digest is by shopping, duh!)
Sephora- As of now, Sephora hasn’t announced their hours but they have a “Black Friday Preview” going down. If you download their app, they have a $15 and under deal going on. This begins on 11/17! I’ll update once I see their Black Friday store hours.
Target- Opens at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will close at midnight then reopen on Friday at 6 a.m.
Toys “R” Us- Opens at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving and stays open until 11 p.m. on Friday. They also have pre-Black Friday deals in their catalog (my kiddos have been going through this catalog like CRAZY).
Victoria’s Secret- Opens at 6pm on Thanksgiving and will reopen on Friday at 6am and close at 10pm.
Walmart- Opens at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and runs all day online! They also created a color coded map (my kind of people) where they have different zones organized by color so you can easily find what you’re looking for. You can download their app to find the map for your local Walmart.
Tip #2- Dress for the Occasion
Coming from a background of modeling… I have learned to put on and take off clothes without anyone seeing. I can try on about 4-5 outfits without taking off any clothes. It’s all about strategically wearing the right clothing.
Shop my Black Friday look:
Tip #3- Wear a Fanny Pack
Almost as important as the fanny pack is what’s in the fanny pack:
- I always bring my cell phone charged, fully charged. If needed, buy a portable charger so you can charge on the go.
- Your credit card and license. If you’re like me, you might bring a second or third card… sorry Stuber.
- A protein bar from Think Thin. It has high protein and low sugar that keeps me going all day.
- Ponytail holder. There’s going to be a time while you’re shopping that you’re digging through piles and need to get your hair out of your face. My favorites are the ones that don't leave a crease.
Tip #4- Download Apps!
- Download an app to store all of your coupons like E-Bates, RetailMeNot, or SnipSnap!
- If you’re bringing your kids with you on your Black Friday extravaganza… download some apps for them as well. My kids are currently loving:
- Lastly, when you get home… download a meditation app. You’re going to need a little something to destress from your day of running around and scoring insane deals! I like to use Headspace and Calm. It really makes a difference and helps you get back into the holiday spirit!
I want to know what your Black Friday tips are. Share them below so other supermommas can score some deals this Black Friday!
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.