Some people have no idea that I’m such a bookworm! If I had to describe my happy place, it’d be just taking a bath while reading a good book—really. It truly is the little things in life. I thought that it’d be fun to share with all of you guys what I’m currently reading and maybe we can all read these books together like a book club. I might have a head start but hey, you can catch up right?!
1. Everyday Chic – Okay, I know that it’s my book but I have to be honest with you guys… I’m truly obsessed with it. Since it came out on October 10th , it gave me a chance to re-read it and take it all it. If you haven’t heard me talk about it enough by now, it’s all about making the things in life that take a lot of effort look effortless. I talk all about how to plan the perfect party, meal prep, and so much more!
2. It’s Always The Husband – If you loved “Big Little Lies” as much as I did, you’ll be hooked. It starts off with three college roommates who are inseparable but are as different as three women can be. The book cuts back and forth between their college years and adult years. You’re able to see why these women love and hateeach other. Just like Big Little Lies, the ending will shock you.
3. A Stranger In The House — This book is from the same writer as "The Couple Next Door", which I’m also obsessed with. Can you tell that I’m a sucker for mystery thrillers? Well, this novel features a newlywed couple where the wife gets in a horrible accident. After returning home from the hospital, she realizes something’s been moved, something’s not right, someone’s been in her house. Because in this house, everyone’s a stranger.
4. Final Girls — If you liked “Gone Girl,” you’ll like this. Ten years ago, college student Quincy Carpenter went on vacation with five girls and came back alone. She was the only survivor of a horror movie. She became a member of a club that no one would ever want to belong to—a group of similar survivors known as the Final Girls.
5. Into The Water —This book is written by the same author as “The Girl On The Train” which might I add… is one of my favorite thrillers. A single mother turns up dead at the bottom of a river that runs through town. Her daughter is left behind, parentless and friendless where she finds herself in the care of her mother’s sister.
I know that us mommas have about 15 minutes a day to ourselves but reading is my only escape. While I’m reading, it’s almost mindless and I’m able to forget about my lists, meetings, carpool, or any other craziness in my life. I urge all mommas and even non-mommas to pick a book and take a month to read it. It will clear your mind and give you the escape we all need.
What’s on your book list? Let me know in the comments below because I am ALWAYS looking to dive into a new book.
Actress, model, active humanitarian, & Mom! Author of 'Everyday Chic'.