I may be on vacation in Cabo right now but that doesn’t mean I’m completely derailing my diet (aside from a margarita or two!) Kelly’s recipes are as delicious as they are healthy which makes it easy to keep on track.
Here are two more #BikiniReadyRecipes to enjoy during the week:
This hearty salad is a favorite. Arugula microgreens are PACKED with nutrition!
Makes 4 servings
4 cups mixed organic purple and orange cauliflower florets
1 to 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil, melted
2 cups arugula micro greens
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the melted ghee to coat well.
3. Spread the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelized.
4. To serve, spread the micro greens on a plate. Top with the cauliflower and diced avocado.
Makes 2 cups
2 cups organic whole cashews
1 garlic head
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1. In a medium bowl, cover the cashews with water and let them soak for 2 hours. Drain and rinse.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Break the garlic head into individual cloves (leave the skins on) and place them on a piece of aluminum foil. Top with the olive oil and seal the foil to enclose the garlic. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
4. Press the garlic out of the skins into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add the cashews and 1 cup water and blend until smooth. Stir in the salt.
Antioxidants in this balanced smoothie that won’t skyrocket your blood sugar the way açai bowls will.
1 serving vanilla protein powder
1 to 2 tablespoons organic almond butter
1 to 2 tablespoons chia or flaxseeds
Organic açai (a freeze-dried serving of 20 calories)
Handful of spinach
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend to the desired consistency.
Stay tuned! This Wednesday, Kelly will be sharing her healthy swaps while traveling!