- In Style
- In Skincare
- In Makeup + Hair
- In Wellness
- In The Home
- In Travel
- In Store
- Holiday Gift Guide
Even if you’re on a dairy-free, gluten-free, or paleo diet–it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a great Thanksgiving meal.
Just in time for the holidays, Laurel Gallucci from Sweet Laurel Bakery stopped by my YouTube channel to teach us how to make a delicious Chard and Butternut Squash Tart with Zucchini lattice. It may look complicated but trust me, it’s so simple.
Oh..and guess what!? We are both pregnant! Click the video below to get the recipe:
1. Steam butternut squash for about 20 minutes, until cubes are tender.Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chard and cook for 4 minutes. Set aside.
4. Peel 8 – 10 ribbons from the zucchini, set aside. Chop shallot in quarters, then separate each layer.
5. In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat until egg whites and yolks are blended. Add herbs and spices, followed by shallot. Add chard and stir. Season with pink salt.
6. Pour into crust. Place cubes of butternut squash into veggie and egg mixture throughout tart.
7. To make lattice topping, peel 8 – 10 ribbons from the zucchini, set aside. Place four strips of zucchini across tart.Take another ribbon and slowly weave zucchini under and over the four strips. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, then broil for 3 minutes for added crisp if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix together all ingredients and press into tart pan with parchment paper. Pre-bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool, then fill with tart ingredients.
For more recipes from Sweet Laurel Bakery, check out her site here. If you’re in the LA area, you also have to check out her workshops!