A woman’s wardrobe is never truly finished growing (if you’re anything like me anyway). But there are definitely a few key pieces that no gal should ever be caught without! Here are the five staple items that have seen me through everything from walking the red carpet to making a late-night trip to the grocery store for that forgotten jar of baby food…
1. If you ask me, the black trouser might be the most underappreciated and underutilized article of clothing in most women’s wardrobes! I love wearing a great pair of wide-legged black trousers with a basic T-shirt and a gorgeous necklace. You can wear them yearlong and they add instant polish to any occasion.
2. My personal style definitely has bohemian elements, and I couldn’t get by without a great white or cream blouse. It’s ethereal enough to incorporate into my more whimsical ensembles, but can just as easily take on a buttoned-up professional look.
3. I know it’s cliché, but every woman needs a little black dress. If you’re going to have one go-to LBD it shouldn’t scream “sex siren” or be too conservative. Diane Von Furstenberg’s iconic wrap-dress is a great example. I can throw this baby on, add a few pieces of jewelry, and go to a fancy event, or I can slip on some flats and go to the farmers market!
4. A great pair of flattering jeans can be hard to find, but they’re also the item in my closet that gets the most wear. Nowadays it’s appropriate to wear denim just about anywhere. I personally love a great fitted pair of skinny or slim cut jeans, but since every woman’s body is different your best bet is trying on a bunch until you find that special pair that hugs and hides all the right spots!
5. My black blazer might be the most versatile item in my closet and it’s most certainly something every woman needs. No matter your age or personal style a black blazer will see you through every season and every fashion fad. Throw it on over a T-shirt and jeans, or belt it over a black-tie gown. The possibilities are endless!
What tops your list of wardrobe staples? Let me know in the comments below!