With every new season comes a new excuse to shop! And since summer means things like teeny bikinis, statement sunnies, and stylish beach carryalls, I couldn’t be looking forward to it more! Plus, now that I’m finally done with maternity clothes, I have all my wardrobe options open again. But since it’s all too easy to go a little overboard (Blame it on heat stroke, right?!), I’ve narrowed down my fashion wish list to only the biggest style essentials of the season.
So without further ado, here are the 9 things you’ll need in your wardrobe this summer…
1. A perfect light, open-weave sweater.
2. An easy, breezy maxi skirt.
3. A floppy hat to protect your face from UV rays.
4. A bikini, of course! I love this one from Zimmerman because it looks like lingerie, but it’s not—it’s just so feminine and pretty.
5. A fun dress to throw on over your swimsuit.
6. A new pair of sunnies. I am obsessed with this Oliver Peoples pair. I ordered them a while ago but they’ve been on backorder.
7. Some classic, comfy, slip-on sneakers.
8. A beautiful beach bag to house all your poolside needs.
9. A crisp, white blouse to wear all the way until Labor Day. My girlfriend Emese turned me on to this one from Club Monaco. She swears it’s the most versatile thing she owns!
What’s on your summer shopping list? Let me know in the comments!