Molly Answers: Your Fall Fashion Questions
I had so much fun reading all the wonderful questions you submitted for my fall fashion Ask Molly post, and I can’t wait to get started! Fall is definitely fashion’s biggest season—but it can also be a bit daunting—so I’m happy to lend my sartorial support. And don’t worry if I didn’t respond to your question this time because there will be lots more Ask Molly to come!
1. “Hi Molly! What were some of your favorite hair trends from the NYFW runways? Thanks! P.S. You looked stunning at the DVF show!” – PatrickMelvilleSalon
When it comes to hair trends for fall, I still love the funky updo! We’re still seeing a lot of the braided updos, only they’re a little more chic this season—less messy and more sleek. Think slicked-back buns and ponytails with a little gloss.
2. “Hi! I too am a new mom. My baby is two weeks old and I need a fall ‘uniform’ (including a girdle you recommend) while losing the baby weight. I’m in California so as you know it’s still quite warm. And nursing-friendly top suggestion are a bonus. Thanks!” – Jq
As a model-turned-mommy, I still care about looking good but comfort is definitely key! For fall, I’ve mostly been sticking to this formula:
1. A black jacket. It can be leather, it can be cotton, it can be lycra—as long as it has a great fit and you feel comfortable wearing it.
2. A sexy camisole or tank. Gap, Alexander Wang, and Elizabeth and James make some of my favorites.
3. Colored or printed jeans, leather leggings, or a long, black skirt. Lately I’ve been especially into dark purple jeans. I also love Current/Elliott’s gray-on-gray leopard-print pair.
4. Embrace the Spanx! I’ve been living in them.
Simple and classic, but still on trend!
3. “Hi Molly! I was just wondering what accessories, shoes and colors you thought were going to be hot this fall? Thanks so much!” – Melissa Kostrzebski
As far as colors go, maroon, dark gray, camel, and dark purple are right on trend this season. Check out my top 10 fall fashion essentials and my latest accessory must-haves to see just what you should be shopping for.
What should my next Ask Molly topic be?
Let me know below!
Photo: La Vie Boston