DivineCaroline: DIY Detox Bath
This story is from our friends over at DivineCaroline! Once a month I’ll share DivineCaroline’s best lifestyle tips and tricks. Today’s post is features an easy wellness DIY for anyone in need of a little extra R&R.
For centuries, water therapy has been used throughout Asia and Europe to detoxify and restore the body. It’s only recently that the United Sates has started adopting these time-honored traditions at spas and resorts, and the very same curative benefits can easily be re-created in the comfort of your own bathtub.
1. Run a hot bath. The heat and steam open pores and prepare body for cleansing.
2. Add three pints of food-grade hydrogen peroxide (3%). This oxygenates the body and helps purge toxins. It’s also antibacterial and antiviral.
3. Add two ounces of ground ginger. Ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties increase blood circulation and help promote the elimination of toxins through sweat.
4. Soak for about 30 minutes.
5. Drink plenty of water. Make sure to imbibe during your soak and afterward. You’ll need to replenish the minerals and hydration lost through all that sweating.
In a pinch, pick up a carton of inexpensive Epsom Salts at your supermarket or drugstore. Soaking in the sulfate solution helps expel harmful toxins from the body while also relaxing muscles and providing mood-boosting benefits.
Molly’s Tip: I also love an exfoliating glove for increasing circulation and sloughing off dead skin!
Do you have any beauty DIYs you think I should try?